Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Adventure #4 – Food! Glorious Food! Or, Post Every day for a Month



So there’s this thing every November called National Blog Posting Month, or NaBloPoMo, for short. It’s expanded this year, to 365 blogging (with a free day for the leap year), and to make it a little easier for peeps, each month has a theme. Clearly, I haven’t been participating in the daily blogging experience, but I got a notice the other day that the theme for July would be (drum roll, please….): FOOD.

BA-BAAAAA! (Insert sound of horns and wild applause here.)

If you know me, you know that I love food. (And if you don’t know me and are just casually dropping by, then Hello, I’m Molly. I love food.) I lurrrrv it. I love to make it, I love to eat it, I love to give it to other people to eat, I love to talk about it and write about it and think about it and…and…I just love food. I even love shopping for it. Making a trip to the Social Safeway on a Saturday morning? Always one of the highlights of my weekend. (I’ll admit it. I’m a grocery store nerd. I think part of my love of grocery shopping stems from working on trade magazines related grocery stores and the food and beverage industry, and part of it stems from me just being a nerd in general.) I could go months without dusting my apartment, but if I go more than 5 or 6 days without stepping foot inside a grocery store, I get a little antsy. And by a little I mean a lot.

ANYHOO, since I found this theme intriguing, I thought I’d make it another adventure for my list of things I’m to do before I turn 30, and, well, also just to keep things interesting until the next big pre-30 project comes along. (I’m workin’ on it, I’m workin’ on it! Sheesh, give a girl a break, will ya?) So check back here every day for the month of July to see if I am up to the task of posting every day, and what’s more, posting every day about food. (Get excited!)

Today, my thoughts on food are twofold. First, I could really go for some Pequod’s deep dish with sausage, mushroom, fresh tomato slices and extra cheese, well done. But then, that’s one of my thoughts every day. Second, I am desperate to make this pie. Doesn't it sound divine? Yeah. I thought so too.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Molly!!
It was good talking to you. Don't know where you got this thing for grocery shopping and cooking. It's not genetic. When I was down in Naples with the girls we went to Publix once--or as you would say in Chicago "the Publix" and we never turned on the stove love mom