Monday, July 7, 2008

You say it's THEIR birthday...

Do you like cake?

What kind of cake do you like?

Me, personally, I like a good ice cream cake every once in awhile, and I’ve never met a cupcake I didn’t like. (Except for the ones at CakeLove. Everyone seems to rave about them, but you know, I just don’t get the hype. I think they’re only meh. It’s not that I didn’t like the cupcake, more like it just wasn’t my favorite. And if I’m going to pay that much for a g-d cupcake it had better be my favorite.) And angel food cake. I do love angel food cake, with its sweet airiness and maybe some ripe just-sweet-enough strawberries on the side.

And don’t even get me started on cheesecake. I could eat half of a cow, 14 potatoes and 3 wedge salads and be bursting at the seams, but if you offered me a slice of good cheesecake I would push the contents of my stomach over to the side and wedge that slice in there.

Unfortunately for me, I have no such cake in front of me. But if I did have a dessert in front of me, I would actually have two. I would have a carrot cake in my right hand and a key lime pie in my left hand. The carrot cake would have “HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDI-O” inscribed in frosting, and the key lime pie would have “HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUTHERRR” etched into the meringue topping.

Because when it is your birthday, you should be able to eat whatever kind of cake (or rather, pie) you want.

Happy birthday, Mom and Dad!

2 comments:

Barb said...

LOVE cake. SO much. But I totally hear you on CakeLove. Their cookies and brownies are decent, but yeah, not overwhelmed by their cake or cupcake. Give me a Giant cake any day.

What kind? I like simple. White cake with rainbow chip frosting = heaven.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BIG STAN AND LIL' KATH! Is your motherrrrrrr going to wear her rain gear for her birthday? I think she should.