Saturday, July 5, 2008

Salty and Bitter Nowhere to be Found

DC is empty for the weekend (save for the tourists) as everyone has run away to the beach for the long 4th weekend. I, however, am still here, because I like being around in this empty city because there is less traffic and no lines when I go to get ice cream. (And 4th of July weekend is nothing if it is not about ice cream. Or barbecues. Or both.)

Today I met up with my friend Brady at TangySweet in Dupont Circle. It's frozen yogurt and you can throw on a variety of toppings like fresh fruit, chocolate chips, granola, or cereal. Like Cocoa Puffs.

Yeah, that's right.

Cocoa Puffs.

My all-time favorite sugar cereal.

Needless to say, TangySweet is now in the top three of my favorite places for ice cream/frozen yogurt. (#1 is the Plush Horse in Palos Heights, IL, and #2 is Dairy Queen. I love a good Peanut Buster Parfait. No judging.)

No comments: